As a Staff Provider he/she will examine and treat common acute illnesses, injuries, accidents and other injuries/illnesses; performs most medical services routinely handled within the scope of the advanced practice registered nurse’s practice and which the Staff Provider is competent to perform; and performs selected laboratory testing, refers to specialists as needed, writes prescriptions and performs office procedures within the scope of expertise protocols and available equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports and implements the organization’s vision, mission and value.
- Determines priorities and method of completing daily workload to insure that all responsibilities are carried out in timely manner.
- Performs all job functions in a professional and courteous manner. This includes answering all general phone calls timely. Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers by being responsive to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Fosters and promotes a culture of service excellence and accountability.
- Acquires and documents relevant history and physical examination.
- Makes professionally competent assessments and document those with all relevant problems.
- Develops reasonable plan including: treatment; referrals and use of drugs within scope of practice.
- Seeks help and guidance as necessary per protocol.
- Performs relevant procedures competently with complete documentation.
- Provides and consistently documents relevant education.
- Responds to patient special needs and appropriate requests including PAP drugs.
- Works appropriate hours to minimize patient wait time as well as help to relieve overload situations/help other providers.
- Acts and communicates in a professional manner to reduce friction with patients, providers, and staff.
- Attends appropriate meetings as requested.
- Maintains professional appearance in accordance with QueensCare Health Centers policies.
- Participates in peer review and orientation activities as requested.
- Participates in committees when requested.
- Cooperates with use of electronic medical records as requested.
- Uses discretion and judgment in handling sensitive or confidential information.
- Complies with organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced Practice in Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine or ability to be licensed.
- Previous ambulatory clinical experience above and beyond residency.
- Prior experience with Patient Centered Medical Home model of care delivery.
- Working knowledge of spoken Spanish.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to organize and prioritize work with the minimum supervision as dictated per protocol.
- Ability to perform most essential job duties independently and exercise good judgment.
- Flexible, detail-oriented, and multi-task effectively.
- Safety & Privacy conscious.
- Follow rules, and guidance when directed from supervisor.
- Respect the diverse values, beliefs, and cultures present in individuals, and groups served.
- Timely and dependable.
- Ability to work under pressure with the capacity for reflection.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient prior use of an Electronic Medical Record system.
- Proficient use of computers.
Advanced Practice in Registered Nurse. Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university. Unrestricted license to practice medicine or ability to be licensed.