Director of Inpatient Services
As the Director of Inpatient Services, you will provide administrative and clinical direction to the agency’s two Evaluation and Treatment Facilities and Keller 16 bed Residential Program. Ensure high quality, well-coordinated clinical care across departments and with community providers and participate as a member of the Executive LeadershipTeam in the overall leadership of KMHS.
At the end of the day, you go home knowing your efforts directly impacted individuals of all ages in your community!
WHO WE ARE
The grass really is greener on our side of the water! Come join us on the beautiful Kitsap Peninsula, where scenic vistas, outdoor activities, and historic towns offer many options for exploration just across Puget Sound from Seattle. Residents enjoy a peaceful, unhurried, affordable lifestyle, along with the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds. Seattle is a water commute away via “fast ferry” passenger service or the WA State Ferries, and Tacoma is a modest highway drive. To learn more, check out www.visitkitsap.com.
Kitsap Mental Health Services (KMHS) is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization filled with compassionate people doing important work. We’ve been transforming lives and our community since 1978, helping our neighbors with mental and behavioral health challenges to achieve healthy, productive lives. As one of the largest non-profit employers in Kitsap County, our 500+ employees provide a comprehensive range of services to over 6500 children, youth, adults, and families annually.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with Directors to ensure coordination and continuity of care for KMHS clients and to assure a smooth transition of clients between services. Ensure adequate psychiatric consultation and clinical coverage for respective programs.
- Provide consistent direction and supervision to supervisees with a focus on the quality and continuity of clinical care. Recruit, hire and develop qualified staff including ongoing coaching and timely performance appraisals.
- Work with the staff to establish each program's yearly goals and ensure contract compliance. Participate in the Quality Program Review process.
- Work with agency Directors, program managers and supervisors to develop and monitor program budgets, maximize fee collection, maintain meaningful IS data, and monitor facilities' needs.
- Implement the administrative and clinical policies of KMHS.
- Ensure that all documentation relative to client contacts is fully completed and submitted in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with agency and regulatory requirements.
- Identify client and community needs and assist in enhancing and developing services to address identified needs.
- Represent KMHS in the community and serve as liaison to other social service/community agencies.
- Participate in the development and implementation of county/regional plans and assure that programs operate in compliance with such plans and all appropriate statutes and regulations.
- Participate in organizational short and long-term visioning, strategic planning and goal development.
- Participate in developing and implementing agency treatment philosophy.
- Participate in the agency's community relations activities.
- Serve on behalf of the Sr. Director of Operations as requested.
- Promote the enhancement of positive staff morale by facilitating timely response to problems and ensuring thorough and accurate internal and external communications.
- Support and comply with the KMHS Affirmative Action program.
- In addition to the above, any other responsibilities appropriate to the position and not specifically listed in the job description.
Mental Health Professional with 10 years of successful clinical experience; license preferred, and five successful years of supervisory/administrative experience. Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field required.